Full-Time / Posted 3 weeks ago
Teen Challenge Cincinnati Milford, Ohio Revised 2.16.22
Program Supervisor Job Description
Responsible and accountable for day to day activities concerning the functioning of the ministry, specifically – students, staffing and volunteers. The exceptions being, admin, marketing, financial issues, facilities management, etc. handled by the exec director and back office administration. This individual is acting as the “right hand” of the Exec Dir. and reports directly to him. Responsible for overseeing the successful execution and wellbeing of the ministry as a whole and has authority to carry out the intent of the Executive Director.
Career path opportunities include – Program Manager, Program Director, Admissions Director, Executive Director.
The Program Supervisor does not have budgeting, hire/fire, expenditure discretion, or check signing authority. Any permanent changes to program scheduling must be first cleared through the Exec Dir.
Professional interpersonal skills are a must in representing the ministry and to successfully execute the myriad of duties as part of the job. Requires effective communication skills – oral and written are paramount in facilitating not only timely, accurate information, but a healthy “talk, trust, accountability, productivity and growth” atmosphere.
A positive spirit and an attitude of flexibility is key.
Proper time management skills are a critical component in successfully balancing the unavoidable issues of the day with scheduled activities and appointments.
This is a base 40 hour per week position with potential high periods of over time. However the flexibility of the job allows also for frequent comp time so as to offset the overtime. Average core working hours are within the 8am to 5pm time slot. With the exception of filling in for various shifts and of hours oversight. Note the Prog Super is required to fill at least 2 6hr shifts per week.
Because availability is paramount the position requires the candidate live on site at the ministry. Essentially on call 7 x 24 x 365 accessibility is key, for emergencies and so as to not be a process bottleneck while alleviating unnecessary issues from Exec Dir ( Note excepting vacations, illness, unavoidable unavailability, etc. )
Other duties include (but not limited to):
• Scheduling shift staff, volunteers, donation pick-ups, special events, etc.
• Recruiting, vetting and scheduling volunteers and mentors with Exec Dir, final approval.
• “Off hours” responding to calls.
• Checking voice mail. and email on a regular and timely basis.
• Checking up on a regular basis, on staff and students. This includes covering each aspect of Ranch activity from laundry to how weekend visitations are going.
• Verify shift staff and volunteers are performing duties appropriately. Including fulfillment of operational protocols – med handling, intake check in and processing into the student life, winter protocols, etc.
• Fill in for occasional outreach engagements to churches, businesses, civic groups, etc.
• Includes regular assigned duties – counseling, teaching, assisting with work therapy, back filling staff shifts, driving students to appointments, etc. This is not a desk job, but a boots on the ground facilitator, servant leader!
Benefits include, but are not limited to – paid vacation, complete boarding, healthcare. Compensation package is commensurate with experience and qualification.
Requirements: Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and be insurable. Minimum five years sobriety. Proven track record of leadership. College degree preferred. Adherent to ATCUSA statement of beliefs.
Note: This opportunity is also (but not required) currently available for a married couple where the spouse would fill a position at our women’s home.
Applicants should respond by sending their resume to GMartin@TeenChallengeCincinnati.org
For much more information please refer to our web site TeenChallengeCincinnati.org or on fb.
Please, called missionaries only need apply. No, avoid the outside world, non-profit job seekers.