Youth Worker/Direct Care - Gateway Boys Academy
Youth Worker/Direct Care – Gateway Boys Academy
Job Description/Summary: Gateway Boys Academy, a Christian boarding school for at-risk teen boys ages 12-17, is looking for energetic, responsible, team players that will commit to meeting the daily needs of teen boys in a residential setting. The Direct Care position requires candidates to live on campus in ministry-provided housing.
The relationship formed between Direct Care staff and students provides a bridge of communication that supports, sustains, and brings effectiveness to the counseling arena, program activities, and further creates an atmosphere of love and acceptance. In this position, the Direct Care staff will communicate wisdom, direction, hope, and encouragement to hurting teenagers.
Through specialized training including trauma-informed care, Gateway Boys Academy seeks to bring young men hope, healing, and life-long skills to thrive. You bring a calling and the heart to serve troubled teens and their families and we will provide the tools and the training to fulfill that calling!
Type of Candidate/Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as youth ministry, psychology, etc. is preferred, but we will train the right person who possesses a heart for ministry and prior experience such as youth ministry, camp counselor, residential care, house parent, etc.
- A background check and pastoral or ministerial leader reference is required
- At least 21 years of age and a good driving record for the past 3 years
- An ability to lead and direct
- Time management and conflict resolution skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
Why Work Here?
Gateway Boys Academy is a military-style program in the Teen Challenge Southeast region which brings a balance of structure and fun to the program. GBA desires to bring on staff that adds to their existing positive, high-character culture. There is a focus on professional and personal development for staff with strong accountability. This program uses an integrated approach of trauma-informed care and spiritual growth for both students and staff.
Gateway Boys Academy is located in the beautiful panhandle of Florida, just an hour from the white sand beaches of Panama City Beach and Rosemary Beach. The serene rural setting opens up the possibilities for outdoor activities ranging from athletics to water-based activities.
Receive competitive pay and benefits including signing bonus, health insurance, vacation days, sick days, holiday pay, employee referral bonus, and length of service bonus. In addition, an on-campus apartment, utilities and meals are provided.