Youth Worker / Direct Care - Columbus Girls Academy
Youth Worker / Direct Care – Columbus Girls Academy
Job Description/Summary: Columbus Girls Academy, a Christian boarding school for at-risk teen girls ages 12-17, is looking for energetic, responsible, team players that will commit to meeting the daily needs of teen girls in a residential setting. The Direct Care position requires candidates to live on campus in ministry-provided housing.
The relationship formed between Direct Care staff and students provides a bridge of communication that supports, sustains, and brings effectiveness to the counseling arena, program activities, and further creates an atmosphere of love and acceptance. In this position, the Direct Care staff will communicate wisdom, direction, hope, and encouragement to hurting teenagers.
Through specialized training including trauma-informed care, Columbus Girls Academy seeks to bring young women hope, healing, and life-long skills to thrive. You bring a calling and the heart to serve troubled teens and their families and we will provide the tools and the training to fulfill that calling!
Type of Candidate/Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as youth ministry, psychology, etc. is preferred, but we will train the right person who possesses a heart for ministry and prior experience such as youth ministry, camp counselor, residential care, house parent, etc.
- A background check and pastoral or ministerial leader reference is required
- At least 21 years of age and a good driving record for the past 3 years
- An ability to lead and direct
- Time management and conflict resolution skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
Why Work Here?
Columbus Girls Academy is located on 177 acres of rolling hills including a 35-acre lake in Seale, AL just 10 miles from Columbus Georgia. Columbus boasts the best of both worlds with city amenities and outdoor recreation including whitewater rafting, zip lining, bike trails, and attractive nature parks. A thriving church community allows for staff to find a great spiritual community outside of work to create a good work-life balance.
Columbus Girls Academy is an established program that brings stability to the entire ministry team. CGA desires to welcome staff that will contribute to the existing positive, high-character culture. There are opportunities for professional and personal development leading to advancement. In addition, CGA utilizes an integrated approach of trauma-informed care and biblically based character development for their students.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to begin the process.