At Adult & Teen Challenge USA, our addiction recovery programs have a Christ-centered focus. The goal of each and every one of our recovery centers is to help every student break free and triumph over addiction while discovering the love of God and their identity in Christ.
Verses on Faith
Faith is trusting in the promises of God and is a cornerstone of a relationship with Him. Here are some of the Adult and Teen Challenge USA staff’s favorite verses on faith:
- Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Hebrews 11:1: Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
- Hebrews 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Verses on Belief
When struggling with addiction or any other issue in life, sometimes you need a bit of reassurance in your beliefs. Here are some of our favorite verses on belief:
- John 3:16-18: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.”
- James 1:6: But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
- John 10:38: “But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”
Verses on Peace
Life is often hectic and chaotic. Luckily, we serve a loving God who provides peace and reassurance. Here are some of the Adult and Teen Challenge USA staff’s favorite verses on peace:
- John 16:33: “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Colossians 3:15: Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.