Full-Time / Posted 1 week ago
The Program Coordinator shall be a department head of their local campus under the Adult &
Teen Challenge of Texas (ATCOT) umbrella. He/She is responsible for the discipleship of ATCOT
students and interns while outside of the classroom and Work Experience Program. The
Program Coordinator oversees and is responsible for the Program Department.
● He/She shall be a person of spiritual maturity, amiable to the Assemblies of God
doctrine, and in full agreement with the Adult & Teen Challenge of Texas mission
● He/She should have at least two years relevant leadership experience. Teen Challenge
ministry experience is desirable.
● He/She shall have a current understanding and working knowledge of addictive
problems and their deleterious effects. He/she shall have knowledge of the various
treatment approaches and the reality that the only cure is in Jesus Christ. He/she shall
be empathetic to those with life controlling problems.
● Complete the Effective Biblical Counseling course or an equivalent course.
● Ideally credentialed as a minister or pursuing credentials in the AG or doctrinally similar
● Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is desirable.
● Complete the OSHA 10 Hour Course.
● Must be organized, able to multi-task, and physically able to operate in a fast-paced
● Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
● Five years experience – Teen Challenge or similar program
● Certified minister of the Assemblies of God or doctrinally similar fellowship
● The Program Coordinator shall be responsible to the local ATCOT campus Director.
● Program Coordinator shall work in mutual cooperation with the Vocational and
Education Coordinators in areas where the welfare of the students and program
● Participate in weekly student evaluations.
Last Revised 07/07/16 2
● Meet with the Vocational and Education Coordinators weekly to discuss scheduled
activities in relation to work and education activities.
He/She will primarily serve as a minister to students in the ATCOT program.
His/Her responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
● Conduct Bible studies.
● Lead prayer.
● Disciple students.
● Conduct evangelistic outreach.
● Engage in religious instruction.
● Ensure all buildings, vehicles as well as student activities/policies adhere to TCUSA,
ATCOT, OSHA and local Fire Code standards.
● Be responsible for the physical, spiritual, and emotional welfare and development of the
students while in the house.
● Be responsible for the supervision and guidance of the Program staff.
o The Program Coordinator shall have decision-making power in the approval and/or
advancement of students’ activities and placement.
● The Program Coordinator shall cooperate with the Vocational and Educational
Coordinators in regard to student work activities and classwork and confer regarding
student conduct and growth.
● The Program Coordinator shall also be responsible for:
o Scheduling Program staff and student responsibilities on a weekly basis and posting
the following week’s schedules
o Maintain discipline within the program according to the “Student Rules” and the
o Oversee student discipline.
o Handle all students’ correspondence; approving sending or receiving mail.
o Assign each new student an advisor and a Big Brother/Big Sister.
o Meet with program staff members on a weekly basis to discuss any business that is
particular to that staff and his/her responsibilities.
● He/She shall meet with selected advisors on a weekly basis to discuss the
● Counsel the student with the advisor present as necessary.
o Conduct regular evaluation of the students by receiving input from appropriate staff
members. Notes shall be maintained in “myTC” or equivalent system.
o When a student is terminated from the program for any reason, the Program
● fill out a termination report and place in the student’s file
● notify the emergency contact listed on student application.
Last Revised 07/07/16 3
● If he/she is on parole or probation, the Program Coordinator shall notify the
officer by phone as soon as possible and in writing if requested by the officer.
● The dates and names of phone calls should be recorded on the student’s
● Inform the local campus Director before dismissal or termination of a
o Conduct a weekly Dormitory Meeting to coordinate activities, make
announcements, clarify rules and resolve conflicts
o Ensure the general upkeep of residential facility, vehicle and equipment.
o Monitor inspection of all housing and office safety devices, fire extinguishers, first-
aid kits, and smoke alarms.
o Prepare a monthly report of completed and needed repairs. Maintain monthly
maintenance budget record of money spent and projected expenses for the next
o In addition to extracurricular activities, the Program Coordinator’s normal schedule
shall be, but not limited to, weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. As a ministry, the
Program Coordinator is subject to being on-call 24/7.
● In case of a student emergency, the Program Coordinator must be notified.
If the Program Coordinator cannot be contacted, the local campus Director
must be notified.
o Make sure adequate supervision of students is available at all events and services.
Attend all in-house services when possible.
o Approve student’s admittance for Induction, First Phase, Second Phase, Re-Entry and
● Student advancements from one phase to another must be done by
consulting with the Education Coordinator.
o Schedule use of vehicles and log vehicle usage to ensure there is no frivolous use of
o Be available to assist the local campus Director in other areas as requested.
o Type monthly report letters for students on probation to their probation officers.
o Maintain numbers for students’ phone log.
o Oversee searches of students’ belongings for items not allowed on campus.
o Secure all student medication in assigned, locked location.
o Give student a tour of the facility and introduce him/her to the staff and the other
students they will be living with.
o Make available to the student a copy of daily schedule and copy of job assignment
Admission calls and interviews will be handled by Program Coordinator if no Admissions
Coordinator is available. Refer to Operations Manual for procedures.