Wood Shop SupervisorNew
Full-Time / Posted 10 hours ago
The Wood Shop Supervisor shall be the Department Head of their local campus under the Adult & Teen Challenge of Texas umbrella and is responsible for planning and supervising the Wood Shop. The primary objectives of the Wood Shop are to teach the students to do quality work with a Christian attitude and to supply crafts to the A.T.C.O.T centers and public at large.
● He shall have a current understanding and working knowledge of addictive problems and their deleterious effects. He shall have knowledge of the various treatment approaches and the reality that the only permanent cure is in Jesus Christ. He shall be empathetic to those with life controlling problems.
● He shall be a person of spiritual maturity, amiable to the Assemblies of God doctrine, and in full agreement with the Teen Challenge mission statement
● General Knowledge of Wood Shop
● General Knowledge of a laser & CNC Machine – or willing to learn and go through training
● Have appropriate OSHA training.
● Have appropriate First Aid / CPR training
● Have at least two years relevant leadership experience. Teen Challenge ministry experience is desirable.
● Must be organized, able to multi-task, and physically able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
● Directly responsible to the local Adult & Teen Challenge campus Director.
● Wood Shop Supervisor shall work in mutual cooperation with the Program Coordinator in areas where the welfare of the students and program responsibilities overlap.
● He shall report student conduct problems in the wood shop to their Advisor’s & the Program Coordinator.
● Meet with the campus Director weekly to discuss scheduled activities in relation to work activities & goals.
His responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
● Meet with the campus Director or designee weekly to discuss scheduled activities in relation to work activities & goals.
● Work Monday thru Friday from 8 to 5
● Be responsible for the physical, spiritual, and emotional welfare and development of the student’s who are working in the Wood Shop.
● Advise Students
● Participate in dealing with student conflicts (only in the wood shop)… as necessary.
● Coordinate with Accounts Payable on work billings received and owed.
● Keep within budget. Monitor Spending
● Materials are to be ordered via telephone in advance (preferably the previous day) b4 leaving campus to go & purchase needed items. This prevents traveling long distances only to find out product(s) are not available. Get approval from the office manager on one of the furnished “Purchase Request Forms”
● Work with Director & C.O.O to incorporate maintenance / OSHA issues into the wood shop program
● Have entire work day planned prior to any days off day off. When applicable, make sure the staff or intern filling in knows what needs to be done and all equipment and materials are available.
● Be available for emergencies with facilities.
● Interview prospective Wood Shop staff applicants.
● Evaluate all wood shop staff after the first 90 days of employment once a year thereafter.
● Properly maintain all work equipment & keep neat accurate records
● Keep abreast of new information beneficial to the wood shop
● Mentor wood shop staff Meet weekly with Wood shop staff to discuss planned work, schedule or cost, time and manpower., etc
● Represent TC on ministry. Maximum of 1- 2x a month max.
● Train students.
● Conduct Weekly Safety Training with students and Work Supervisors. Have them fill out the Safety Training log and list.