The Bible is an extremely vital aspect of our mission at Adult & Teen Challenge. We use the teachings and guidance in the Bible in all of our recovery programs.
Verses on Prayer
Prayer is an integral part of a real relationship with God. Here are some of our favorite encouraging verses on prayer:
- Romans 12:12: Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times.
- Mark 11:24: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Verses on Love
Understanding the love of God is a life-changing experience. When we accept the love of God, we then have the opportunity to share that love with others as well. Here are some of the Adult and Teen Challenge USA staff’s favorite verses on love:
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
- Luke 6:35: But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
- 1 John 4:7: Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
- 1 Peter 4:8: Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
Verses on Freedom
Triumphing over addiction means breaking free of the strongholds that keep you from living the life you were created to live. Here are some of our favorite verses on freedom in Christ:
- John 8:34-36: Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
- Galatians 5:13: For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
- Acts 13:38: Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.