Dynamics of People Helping
$199 $179 $199 $79 $199 $99
This course is designed to educate, equip, and empower those who come alongside hurting people. In this course, you will learn basic people-helping skills, taught by a Christian practitioner and counseling professional. You will learn practical ministry tools that will empower you to minister to those struggling with mental and relational health issues.
- This course will be automatically assigned to the billing email address for this order. If you already have an account in the ATC Bridge online learning platform, make sure to use the same email address so that the proper account is enrolled in the course.
- After your order is submitted, it may take up to 15 minutes for the system to automatically enroll you in the course. You will receive a confirmation email for the order and then you will receive an email from ATC Bridge confirming that you are enrolled in the course. If you do not have an account already, you will receive information on how to log in.
- This course is non-refundable
Need to order for multiple users at once? Use our online course bulk order form.
People today are hurting in unprecedented ways and in epidemic numbers. Many hurting people avoid church for fear of judgment, and there simply are not enough professional counseling services to meet the needs of our neighbors.
This eight module course is designed to educate, equip, and empower those who come alongside hurting people.
Everyone who serves in a ministry role will benefit from learning how to effectively engage and encourage others to bring them help, healing, and hope.
Dynamics of People Helping is a program designed to teach basic people-helping skills, taught by a credentialed minister and licensed clinical psychologist – Dr. Jared Pingleton. You will learn practical ministry tools that can empower you to minister to those struggling with mental and relational health issues.
- Christian Models of People Helping
- The Nature and Scope of Mental, Behavioral, and Relational Health Issues
- Discovering your Personal Ministry Gifts
- Characteristics of Effective People Helping
- Unleashing the Healing Power of Forgiveness
- Setting and Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
- Ethical and Legal Issues in People Helping
- Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Virtual Ministry
Required Materials (Not Included in Course Fee)
About the Instructor
Dr. Jared Pingleton is a Christ-follower, husband, father, and grandfather. He is also a credentialed minister, a licensed clinical and consulting psychologist, author, and speaker who is passionate about communicating Jesus’ love, mercy, and grace to a hurting and conflicted world. A respected leader in the Christian mental health field, Jared has been in professional practice since 1977 offering help, healing, and hope to thousands of individuals, couples, families, churches, ministries, and organizations.
Dually trained in theology and psychology, he has been a professor at several Christian universities and seminaries and served on the pastoral staff of two large churches (where he founded and directed church-based community counseling centers) and has authored or co-authored eight books, including:
- The Struggle is Real: How to Care for Mental and Relational Needs in the Church
- Making Magnificent Marriages
Marriage: It’s Foundation, Theology, and Mission in a Changing World
- Be Strong and Surrender: A Thirty-Day Recovery Guide
- Praying With Jesus: Reset My Prayer Life
- Christian Perspectives on Human Growth and Development
- An Integrative Analysis of Psychological and Christian Concepts of Relational Maturity
- Marriage: It’s Foundation, Theology, and Mission in a Changing World
ATC Bridge is the online learning platform that all of our online courses are hosted on. If you do not have an ATC Bridge account already, one will be automatically created from your billing name and email address that you enter during checkout. If you already have an ATC Bridge account, you will need to make sure to enter the same email address you use to login to ATC Bridge in the billing email address field during checkout, or your course will not be assigned to the correct account.
If you do not have an ATC Bridge account already, one will be automatically created from your billing name and email address that you enter during checkout while purchasing an online course. If you already have an ATC Bridge account, you will need to make sure to enter the same email address you use to login to ATC Bridge in the billing email address field during checkout, or your course will not be assigned to the correct account.
If you are an Adult & Teen Challenge staff member, your entire organization needs to be onboarded into ATC Bridge before you will be able to order courses. You can find more information here: staff.teenchallengeusa.org/online-training/
If your center has not been onboarded into ATC Bridge, you can follow the instructions here to start the process: staff.teenchallengeusa.org/online-training/
Until your center has been onboarded, you will not be able to access any of the online courses.
After placing your order, it can take up to 15 minutes for the system to enroll you in the course and send you your confirmation and account information. If you are not enrolled within 15 minutes, contact us for support.
There are two ways to order courses.
- Use the “Add to Cart” button on the course page to add single copies of the course to your cart. All courses in your cart will automatically be registered to the email address you provide in the “Billing Email Address” field during checkout.
- Use the “Online Course Bulk Order Form” to purchase multiple copies of courses. Add 1 copy to your cart for each individual you’d like to be enrolled in the course. After checkout, you will receive an email asking for the names and email addresses of the individuals you would like to be registered. It may take up to 2 business days for those individuals to be enrolled.
We offer our courses to both Adult & Teen Challenge staff members and other ministries/individuals. To ensure that you see the correct pricing and are enrolled in the correct ATC Bridge account, you need to register for an online store account and select a user role type.
Your online store account and ATC Bridge account are not linked. If you do not have an online store account, you can easily register here. If you do not already have an ATC Bridge account, one will automatically be created for you when you purchase an online course.