Weekend Direct Care Manager
Daily Management of Students & Facility
- Oversee students during the different aspects of their day during shift: wake up/lights out, work detail, chores, mealtimes, worship/devotion/chapel, recreation, discipline, fundraising, family visitations, and the implementation by staff and students.
- Responsible for the oversight of the work for Program and Facilities. This includes but is not limited to: Working with facilities team and keeping a work log and maintenance logs that includes inventory.
- Coordinating with Recreation coordinator for weekend outings.
- Working with staff during fundraising events.
- Oversee daily student mail, discipline, phone, medical & chronological logs/forms.
- Ensure facility is maintained properly.
- Leave shift notes Sober Peer for the next shift.
Meeting/Planning & Leadership Mentoring/Communication
- Participate in staff meetings, special training events, CPR/First Aide, CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention)/Physical restraint training, Mandatory Reporter, and all Bridge trainings required.
- Communicate with key OTC leadership: Executive Director, Program Director, Program Manager, Recreation Coordinator, School Administrator, Admissions Coordinator, Discipleship Coordinator, Parent Contact Staff & Office Manager.
- Communicate & keep strong relationships, seek direction from leaders & be a liaison between students & staff.
- Working alongside the students in all events and exemplifying Servant Leadership and Stewardship with the Staff.
Discipleship & Academics
- Oversight of PSNL or other discipleship courses that occur during shift, to maintain a healthy learning atmosphere (outlined in Support Staff Discipleship Roles & Responsibilities Doc).
- Act as a phase GSNL facilitator if needed (responsibilities outlined in Phase Facilitator Discipleship Roles & Responsibilities document).
- Assist the Student Adviser in students’ progress.
- Spend time getting to know students, let them know you care so you can mentor, counsel & provide biblical guidance.
- Assist if needed in Ozarks Boys Academy, tutoring & oversight of school during your shift.
- To be a mentor and parent contact for a caseload of students and provide appropriate documentation of your interactions in Sober Peer.
- Calling the parents of your students on your caseload bi-weekly to give them updates on their student’s progress.
- Each staff member will participate in occasional trips or activities (i.e. missions trips, reward trips, and field trips).
- This is not an exhaustive list of job duties and other responsibilities may be expected periodically.
- Answer to Program Director/ Manager ensuring that you follow and maintain rec squads that do different activities on a rotational basis during work haul/ rec time (these groups should be changed monthly).
- Maintaining the schedule and updating Maintenance/Work Haul schedule as needed.
- Ensuring the daily rec schedule is carried out with excellence.
- Keeping a spiritual component within our Work Haul times by providing prayer, devotions, or short lessons regularly.
- Helping with small group outings as needed to include camping trips.
- To ensure that all equipment is handled with care and put away properly each day.
- To help facilitate student family Visitation weekends as needed.
- Make sure all vehicle including the boat, atv’s, buss, etc. are in proper working order and are clean at all times for use.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred with class D license.
- 1-2 years Work hall, ministry, communication with families experience preferred.
- Experience working with or ministering to teens, troubled youth, or those struggling with addiction is desired.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Basic skills utilizing computers (Ozarks TC will provide some training as well).
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team environment.
- Ability to provide ideas and feedback to the executive team regarding the future of Ozarks Teen Challenge.
- Listing ID: 98950
- Center Type: Boys (Under 18)
- Center Name: Ozarks Teen Challenge
- Contact Name: Lowlan Breaux