Student Life Coordinator - Live in Position
Full-Time / Posted 2 weeks ago
***This is a live in position***
**** 1 year contract required****
Responsible for the coordination of personal elements of every enrolled students program.
- Coordinating intake of each student
- Receive initial student file from Executive Director and create local file on-site
- Assessing student’s needs, ability and willingness to participate in the entire CITC program upon arrival.
- Represent Central Indiana Teen Challenge before courts with respect to enrolled or prospective students.
- Participate in establishing student disciplinary actions and parameters.
- Establish and maintain monthly contact between student and parent.
- Supporting other CITC staff as needed.
- Coordinator and Recruiter of CITC Volunteers.
- Coordniator of After Care Program
- Direct Care Shifts
*** May be asked to do more then what is listed.
Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director who assigns work, establishes goals and reviews the results obtained for overall effectiveness through the analysis of reports and conferences. Employee shall exercise a high degree of judgment in relation to student needs (medical, legal, financial, relational) and participate in discipline methods.
Exercises full supervision of the student life component of the program.
Examples of Principal Duties: (Examples do not cover all duties that will be performed).
- A thorough working knowledge of all program policies and procedures relative to assigned scope of duties and responsibilities as described in the Adult & Teen Challenge Indiana Staff Policies and Procedures Manual”, “Crisis Manual” and the “Student Manual”.
- Possess good standards of personal hygiene and a clean neat appearance including prescribed standards for hair and dress.
- Performs investigations and makes recommendations for the student while in the program in determining student needs with regard to personal life (medical, legal, financial, relational).
- Keeps and provides detailed records of applicant file, registrations, disciplinary action, program referrals to other agencies and program referrals from other agencies in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by CITC and Executive Director.
- Assists staff personnel in the selection and evaluation of students capable of supervising outside job details for the program.
- Assists in other areas of the program as required by the Center Executive Director or designee.
- Other related work as required.
Recruiting Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
1) Individuals need to have a working knowledge and understanding of life controlling problems.
2) Recognized skills (through references or specialized training) in being able to initiate the discipleship process to the point where students can a) function as a Christian in society and b) apply spiritually motivated principles to relationships in the family, local church, chosen vocation and community.
3) Acquire a considerable knowledge of Central Indiana Teen Challenge forms, and procedures used to meet Internal and Standard Accreditation requirements.
4) Display an ability to work in individual and group settings.
5) Display emotional maturity, professional objectivity and the ability to act in a Christian manner.
6) Develop considerable knowledge of outside referral agencies and other Teen Challenge Centers.
7) Develop cooperative relationships with students, their families and the other outside agencies that can support that relationship.
8) Develop and maintain a cooperative relationship with physicians, law enforcement agencies, the court system, parole and probation officers and the community in general.
9) Prepare concise and complete written records of the application and student intake process.
10) Maintain accurate and up to date progress reports and records.