Residential Direct Care - Counselor - Teacher
Full-Time / Posted 3 weeks ago
We have openings for Residential Care, Counselor and Teacher at our new Heartland Boys Academy in Nebo, KY
Teen Challenge is looking for energetic, highly motivated, responsible and mature individuals looking to become life-changing mentors for at-risk teens. Driven by faith, it is through life-on-life relationships that our staff are able to communicate wisdom, direction, hope and encouragement to hurting teenagers in Teen Challenge. You will be part of a passionate and supportive ministry team where you will grow through a life-changing community and hands-on ministry. This is an on-campus, live-in, full-time position.
Candidates usually have:
· A good driving record
· A Bachelor degree in related fields such as youth ministry, psychology, social work, etc.
· Or successful experience working with youth
· A background check and pastoral reference is required
You bring a calling and the heart to serve troubled teens and their families and we will provide the training and tools to fulfill that calling!
Would you consider giving your time and talents to make a difference in the life of teens through pouring your life and wisdom into these young people who are struggling? The work is hard, but the rewards are great! This is an entry-level position with opportunity for advancement.
· Counselor responsible to meet individually with each student on a consistent, regular basis, following the organization’s standards for documentation of all counseling sessions. Counseling of students during emotional struggles and especially during crisis.
· Counselor must demonstrate a commitment to honesty, loyalty and excellence and understand the importance of confidentiality. Must strive to work well with students, parents and staff alike, submitting to administration’s authority and following all Teen Challenge guidelines.
· Experience working with troubled persons who struggle with life-controlling issues and working with their families as well.
· Must understand the practical application of Biblical principles.
· Previous training and experience in Christian counseling.
SCHOOL TEACHER wanted for non-profit private year-round Christian Therapeutic Boarding School for at-risk male teens ages 12- 17.
Applicant must possess excellent computer skills and be familiar with web-based curriculum.
Candidate must be willing to uphold Biblical principles and Christian philosophy of education.
Pastoral reference and drug test required.