Full-Time / Posted 4 days ago
NORTH DAKOTA TEEN CHALLENGE
Position Title: Men’s Program Staff
Lead and supervise adult students in a faith-based, 12-month residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation program setting. Keep detailed and accurate records of various student-related activities pertaining to discipline, appointments, medications, etc. Transport students to and from appointments and events.
The Program Staff member needs to be able to care for and respect the students, but at the same time be firm and direct. Staff members need to have the ability to:
- Relate to and mentor people with life-controlling problems and serve as a role model.
- Assist students in difficult or emotional situations or circumstances that may arise.
- Provide spiritual care to program students, giving biblical guidance and advice. (This may involve praying with students, leading devotions, and/or assisting with memorization of bible passages.)
- Confront students as needed about behavior or attitudes that are unhealthy, destructive and out of line with biblical and program standards.
- Enforce program rules and effectively handle difficult situations.
- Remain on task and follow through on multiple concurrent assignments with frequent interruptions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Documented 2 years freedom from chemical use problems (including tobacco, drugs, alcohol).
- Ability to successfully complete background check process.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record that will be accepted by this organization’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Exhibit strong commitment to the organization and dedication to the spiritual restoration of hurting adults as laid out in the mission statement.