Men’s Academic Dean
Full-Time / Posted 2 weeks ago
Reports To: Program Manager
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Summary: The Men’s Academic Dean understands the value of biblical education and foundation for the men in the home. This person oversees both students and staff academic records and progress.
Seeking individuals who have graduated a Teen Challenge Program and/or Teen Challenge Ministry Institute.
1. Overseeing staff and student tasks and ensure that all is done correctly, thoroughly, and with precision according to the Executive Director’s standards.
2. Supervising, evaluating, and supporting discipleship phases in a manner that promotes excellence in instruction, scholarly and creative productivity, and sound biblical doctrine.
3. Facilitating all phases of student academics.
4. Providing regular input and assistance for Orientation, Introduction, First Phase, Second Phase, and Restoration.
5. Ensuring GSNC and PSNC curriculums, character qualities, etc. are being integrated into classroom.
6. Ensuring sound doctrine is maintained in all teaching environments.
7. Having weekly meetings with all instructors to receive updates on student progress.
8. Addressing academic related needs and provide alternative methods where needed.
9. Teaching and instructing First Phase to include the 14 GSNC course books in accordance with Teen Challenge USA standards and certifications.
10. Overseeing study hall to maintain an environment conducive to higher learning.
11. Helping students discover their spiritual giftings and a place to serve.
12. Providing bi-weekly updates to the Program Manager regarding the progress and status of all student and staff academics.
13. Checking weekly homework.
1. Analytical and reasoning abilities.
2. Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
3. Tactfulness, maturity, and flexibility in all situations.
4. Diplomatic communication skills: verbal and non-verbal.
Christian Life: As an employee of New York Adult & Teen Challenge, you are an important member of the ministry team. Because of the nature of this position and of this ministry, it is an absolute necessity that you possess and maintain a testimony or lifestyle that is above reproach. What you do on your own time may seriously affect your ability to perform in this position.