Faith Based Outreach Coordinator (Option to Live On Site)
Full-Time / Posted 2 weeks ago
General Statement of Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the Center Director or designee in providing overall control, planning, organization, purchasing, direction and management of the Outreach program component.
Position requires specific responsibility for: 1) overall planning, development. implementation and administration of the Outreach program; 2) responsible for the purchasing, inventorying, maintenance, repair, storage and management of required equipment and supplies utilized in conjunction with the Outreach program; 3) assisting the Center Director or designee in program planning and budget preparation for the program component; 4) preparing of statistical data reports as required; 5) state wide travel; 6) participating with other program coordinators in formulating and effecting management policy and procedure; and 7) supporting other program coordinators as needed.
Works under the direct supervision of the Center Director or designee who determines goals, assigns work and reviews performance for overall effectiveness through reports, observation and conferences. Employee shall exercise a high degree of independent decision and judgment in relation to scope of duties and responsibilities.
Exercises full supervision of the Outreach program component in designated areas of responsibility.
Examples of Principle Duties: (Examples do not cover all duties that will be performed).
- A thorough working knowledge of all program policies and procedures relative to assigned scope of duties and responsibilities included in the “Staff Policies and Procedures Manual”, “Crisis Manual” and the “Student Manual”.
- Availability and cooperativeness to assist in other areas of the program as required by the Center Executive Director or designee.
- Possess good standards of personal hygiene and a clean neat appearance including prescribed standards for hair and dress.
- Plans, assigns, reviews and coordinates the Outreach program.
- Acts as primary liaison for outside inquiries and contacts with the public, including individuals, churches and related Christian organizations, schools, businesses, service clubs, civic groups, etc., requesting outreach ministry programs and presentations from the PNATC program.
- Development and implementation of student teams for outreach programs and presentations outside and away from the facility. This will require state wide travel.
- Assembles data and prepares regular and periodic reports pertaining to the work and overall effectiveness of the Outreach program.
- Inventory, control, purchasing and storage of the following: 1) Sound equipment; 2) sound tapes and sound tape library; and, 4) other items and supplies that are required.
- Arranges for and provides transportation and meals to students involved with outreach programs and presentations outside and away from the facility.
- Prepares annual budget requests in accordance with program planning and available resources.
- Seek approval from the Center Executive Director or designee for all publications, designs, contents and material utilized in the production and presentations of outreach programs; and,
- Other related work as required.
Recruiting Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
The individual must understand that Outreach – committed to impacting the community, is a Core Value of PNATC and involves an endless range of possibilities and opportunities for ministry. This position is key to a Center’s ability to express the many ways Christ can make a difference in a community’s life.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and practices of supervision and the ability to carry them out is required.
- Considerable knowledge of administrative procedures and the ability to apply those principles.
- Working knowledge of sound equipment, projector, and related production equipment and the ability to apply that knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Possess leadership skills and ability to build a dynamic outreach ministry and supporting student teams.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Considerable ability to work harmoniously with and to supervise the work of program students.
- Emotional maturity, professional objectivity and the ability to act in a Christian manner.
- Ability to carry out recommendations and directives of the Center Executive Director or designee;
Experience and Training:
- It is recommended that individuals who fill this position have a background in evangelistic endeavors.
- Individuals who have graduated from a Teen Challenge Center and desire to work in this position must have at minimum acquired a High School Diploma or GED, and completed training in the Emerging Leaders program.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave