Event Management Coordinator
Full-Time / Posted 2 weeks ago
The Event Management Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
ATC is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry focused on substance abuse treatment and recovery. Our vision is freeing all people from life-controlling issues through the power of Jesus Christ. This position requires someone who is a born-again, Spirit-led believer and agrees to the Christian doctrines found on the ATC website. This role also requires the individual to live/work in and through these core values:
We treat people like Jesus did, with eyes of grace while speaking the truth.
Everything between the long-distance vision to the day-to-day tasks, our ministry is worth our very best effort.
The men, women, and teens in our care are treasured by our Savior, and we are honored to serve them.
We live to become more like Jesus and invite as many people to come with us.
A strong cultural fit for ATC is an energetic, positive thinker who is humble, hungry, and smart. Humility is always serving others and making the engagement experience powerful, whether it’s a customer, a donor, or a fellow team member. Hungry to perform with excellence while striving for continuous learning. The ability to be socially and relationally smart in interacting and engaging others on behalf of the ministry, understanding every team member represents ATC.
Develop and coordinate ATC conferences and events (both live & virtual) to support the mission and vision of Adult & Teen Challenge (ATC). Work closely with ATC staff, field leaders, vendors, and partners to educate, empower, and equip ATC affiliates and the ATC National Office through dynamic and impactful events. Keep the Adult & Teen Challenge DNA and spiritual focus alive while coordinating all ATC events, including:
Periodic Webinars & Townhall Communication Events
Annual FUSE – New Leadership Conference (75-100 attendees)
Annual FLOURISH – CEO Summit/Retreat (100-150 attendees)
Bi-Annual ATC National Conference (500-700 attendees)
Annual Donor Dinners/Fundraising Events
Provide Direction/Support of Regional Reps hosting Bi-Annual Regional Conferences
The Event Management Coordinator is a self-motivated, creative, strategic, and logistics-minded problem solver with experience leading a team of diverse, talented individuals. The Event Coordinator must be an excellent communicator with solid negotiation skills and a passion for customer satisfaction. Notably, a successful Event Planner must also be highly organized and financially savvy.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Event Management Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
Maintaining ATC Culture
- Ensure all events reflect ATC’s mission, vision, and values, emphasizing the ATC leaders’ spiritual health and formation.
- Ensure event messaging, speakers, and media content reflects the Christ-centered DNA of Adult & Teen Challenge.
- Able to work well individually and in a group.
Event Management & Customer Experience
- Maintain a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events (i.e., webinars, donor dinners, fundraising events, live and virtual conferences, and regional training events).
- Plan event details and aspects, including registration, schedules, speakers, vendor relations, menus, content for communications/marketing, volunteer management, and running orders with an intentional emphasis on customer experience.
- Oversee the customer experience before events on our event management & registration platforms, Brushfire & ATC Bridge—responding to customer needs and requests as needed.
- Monitor events to ensure customer satisfaction and address problems that may arise.
- Perform post-event tasks promptly such as analyzing conference surveys, meeting with venue representatives or vendors to ensure satisfaction, reviewing invoices and bills, confirming payments, and documenting issues and resolutions.
Team & Volunteer Coordination
- Ensure all events are carried out with excellence by coordinating and communicating with ATC team members, partners, and volunteers—it’s a team effort!
- Ensure adequate staffing of events by recruiting and training a pipeline of volunteers.
- Ensure marketing & communications personnel have the content, details, and timelines they need to market events and order products/signage on time.
- Schedule and prepare agendas for ATC team event meetings.
Vendor/Venue Relationships & Budgeting
- Research and tour potential event venues to establish and maintain relationships with venues and vendors.
- Negotiate vendor & venue contracts under the supervision and approval of COO.
- Develop and maintain event budgets, remaining under budget with all costs unless overages are approved.
- Reviewing bills, collecting receipts, and approving payments.
- Ensure all needed equipment and resources are packaged and shipped on time both to and from venues.
- Coordinate hotel reservations, transportation, and food arrangements for ATC staff, speakers, and volunteers.
- Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of ATC events.
- Ensure event running orders are developed, maintained, and adjusted as needed throughout events.
- Strong Christian values and an active member of a Christ-centered church
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED, ideally a BA in communications, marketing, business, public relations, or practical ministry
- At least 2-3 years of event management, planning, or coordinating experience preferred
- Prior non-profit experience ideal; management of teams preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required
- Highly motivated self-starter who can multi-task efficiently
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Basic financial management and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to design basic promotional videos or advertisements is beneficial