Full-Time / Posted 4 weeks ago
Education Coordinator Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Educational Coordinator is to supervise all classes, students
and teachers. The Education Coordinator oversees and is responsible for the Education
● S/he shall be a person of spiritual maturity, amiable to the Assemblies of God doctrine,
and in full agreement with the Adult & Teen Challenge of Texas (ATCOT) mission
● S/he should have at least five years relevant leadership experience. Teen Challenge
ministry experience is desirable.
● S/he shall have a current understanding and working knowledge of addictive problems
and their deleterious effects. He/she shall have knowledge of the various treatment
approaches and the reality that the only cure is in Jesus Christ. He/she shall be
empathetic to those with life controlling problems.
● Complete the Effective Biblical Counseling course or an equivalent course.
● Complete the P.S.N.C. certification course.
● Ideally credentialed as a minister or pursuing credentials in the AG or doctrinally similar
● Must be organized and able to multi-task in this fast-paced office.
● Bachelor’s Degree from a Bible College or its equivalent.
● Two years Teen Challenge or similar ministry experience.
● One year Teen Challenge classroom teaching experience.
● License/Ordained minister of the Assemblies of God or doctrinally similar fellowship
● The Education Coordinator is directly responsible to the local ATCOT Campus Director.
● Education Coordinator shall work in mutual cooperation with the Program and
Vocational Coordinators in areas where the welfare of the students and program
Last Revised 07/18/16 2
● He/She shall report student conduct problems to the Program Coordinator.
● Participate in weekly student evaluations.
● Meet with the Program and Vocational Coordinators weekly to discuss scheduled
activities in relation to work and education activities.
He/She will primarily serve as a minister to students in the ATCOT program.
His/her responsibilities include but not be limited to:
● Conduct Bible studies.
● Lead prayer.
● Disciple students.
● Conduct evangelistic outreach.
● Engage in religious instruction.
● Complete staff orientation requirements.
● Teach the Induction, 1st, or 2nd Phase Group studies. Make sure that each class is
adequately covered by a teacher with PSNC training. Especially make sure that the
induction class is taught by a qualified teacher who will be able to lead students to
Christ and give instructions to questions and situations that will arise with new students.
● Keep an inventory of books needed to complete contracts.
● Introduce new students to their classes and see that they are informed of their
academic requirements. Give them their induction binder, complete with induction
contract and student rules.
● He/she is responsible to keep a running inventory and report to the Campus Director
items needed to keep the Induction class, Phase 1 and Phase 2 classes stocked with
materials. An inventory shall be done in January, April, July and October as needed. The
Corporate office only is responsible for ordering LFTL material through the LFTL
● Be prepared to give a report on each student’s academic progress, class attendance and
any observed behavior in weekly grade sheets. Notify the Program Coordinator when a
student needs to be placed on academic discipline.
● Responsible for tracking student hours in classroom.
● Be responsible for the physical, spiritual, and emotional welfare and development of the
students while in the classroom.
● Assist new staff and new interns with PSNC certification and Biblical Counseling
● Become an advisor to those students assigned to them according to the “Advisor
● Participate in discipline and in dealing with student conflicts as necessary.
● Be responsible for ensuring UJ curriculum is taught.
● Teach “MyStory” curriculum to students.
● Check weekly posted schedule for assigned duties.
● Assist Campus Director in other duties as assigned