Director of Development
Full-Time / Posted 2 weeks ago
Cultural Fit, Objectives, Roles & Responsibilities
Reports directly to the President & CEO
ATC is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry focused on substance abuse treatment and recovery. Our vision is freeing all people from life-controlling issues through the power of Jesus Christ. This role requires the individual to live/work in and through these core values:
We treat people like Jesus did, with eyes of grace while speaking the truth.
Everything between the long-distance vision to the day-to-day tasks, our ministry is worth our very best effort.
The men, women, and teens in our care are treasured by our Savior, and we are honored to serve them.
We live to become more like Jesus and invite as many people to come with us.
Energetic, positive thinker who is humble, hungry and smart. Humility in always serving others and making the engagement experience powerful, whether it’s a customer, a donor or fellow team member. Hungry to perform with excellence while striving in continuous learning. The ability to be socially and relationally smart in interacting and engaging others on behalf of the ministry, understanding every team member represents ATC.
Execute the mission of Adult & Teen Challenge (ATC) in support of the vision and goals of the Board of Directors and the CEO. Work closely with ATC Affiliates to communicate the ministry vision, values, and strategy of ATC. Cultivate a healthy culture in the field. Keep the Teen Challenge DNA and spiritual focus alive while also attentively supporting the implementation of ATC’s seven strategic initiatives:
- Leadership development
The Director of Development will lead and manage development efforts as ATC continues to grow. A newer position in the organization, the Director of Development will have the opportunity to continue building the development function while looking to bring further innovation.
- Develop and execute ATC’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, churches, foundations and corporations
- Manage the utilization of Virtuous (fund development software) and collaborate with other team members using this technology
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Collaborate and support the development of marketing materials including web, social media and printed media
- Overseeing organization of special events, related to donor relationships or fundraising
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Collaborate with external partner contractors, including grant writers, major donor contacts, and government relationships
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with appropriate notice.
- BA in Business or Ministry (required), MA, Business Administration or Marketing (a plus)
- Seven-plus years of proven success and experience in development
- Foundation relationships and grant writing experience
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of fund development software capabilities and features
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
You have a deep compassion and call to action for the vulnerable population in substance abuse and want to see transformation take place, one life at a time, through the power of Jesus Christ.
You dream of transforming growing organizations into wildly successful ones, good ones into great ones, and you know how to actualize your aspirations.
You are an enthusiastic leader capable of matrix collaboration to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley. You know how to make timely, effective and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
You actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus especially on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits. You communicate with excellence and compel audiences through writing and speaking.