Digital Learning & Media Specialist
Full-Time / Posted 1 month ago
ATC JOB DESCRIPTION: Digital Learning & Media Specialist
Cultural Fit, Objectives, Roles & Responsibilities
Reports directly to the Learning Manager.
ATC is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry focused on substance abuse treatment and recovery. Our vision is freeing all people from life-controlling issues through the power of Jesus Christ. This position requires someone who is a born-again, Spirit-led believer and agrees to the Christian doctrines found on the ATC website. This role also requires the individual to live/work in and through these core values:
- We treat people like Jesus did, with eyes of grace while speaking the truth.
- Everything between the long-distance vision to the day-to-day tasks, our ministry is worth our very best effort.
- The men, women, and teens in our care are treasured by our Savior, and we are honored to serve them.
- We live to become more like Jesus and invite as many people to come with us.
Energetic, positive thinker who is humble, hungry, and smart. Humility in always serving others and making the engagement experience powerful, whether it’s a customer, a donor or fellow team member. Hungry to perform with excellence while striving in continuous learning. The ability to be socially and relationally smart in interacting and engaging others on behalf of the ministry, understanding every team member represents ATC.
Execute the mission of Adult & Teen Challenge (ATC) in support of the vision and goals of the Board of Directors and the CEO. Work closely with ATC Affiliates to communicate the ministry vision, values, and strategy of ATC. Cultivate a healthy culture in the field. Keep the Teen Challenge DNA and spiritual focus alive while also attentively supporting the implementation of ATC’s seven strategic initiatives:
- Leadership development
The LMS & Digital Media Specialist serves under the direction of the Learning Manager to oversee LMS (Learning Management System) licensing and provide electronic media needs for Adult & Teen Challenge online resources. Duties include (but are not limited to) capturing, editing, creating, and archiving video, photo, and graphic content for online resources. The LMS & Digital Media Specialist has a knowledge and understanding of current graphic design standards, practices, and terminology. This individual can effectively use a wide variety of media production software. The LMS & Digital Media Specialist is responsible for all elements of maintaining and administering the LMS including onboarding processes, database management, preparing system reports and providing end user support on technical aspects of the system.
- Assists the Learning Manager in project management of online training resources.
- Captures, edits, creates, and archives video, photo, and graphic content for online, electronic, and print resources.
- Encodes final videos for a variety of platforms and file formats.
- Provides video editing and graphic design.
- Takes video projects from initial concept through completion.
- Ensures the stability of ongoing LMS operations.
- Participates in the collaboration of the Learning Team, including (but not limited to) providing copy-edit / proofreading for curriculum and online training resources.
- Travel is required bi-annually for events (10% of the year).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with appropriate notice.
Candidates for this position must meet a minimum of an Associate Degree in Digital Media, Communications, Film, or related field and/or 2 years’ experience in digital media, communications, or film. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Proficient in Adobe Suite software products, including (but not limited to) Photoshop, Premiere, and Acrobat. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Meticulous attention to detail.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You have a deep compassion and call to action for the vulnerable population in substance abuse and want to see transformation take place, one life at a time, through the power of Jesus Christ.
- You dream of transforming growing organizations into wildly successful ones, good ones into great ones, and you know how to actualize your aspirations.
- You are an enthusiastic individual capable of matrix collaboration to reach a common goal.
- Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley.
- You know how to make timely, effective and ethical decisions.
- You embody the entrepreneurial spirit.
- You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new resourced relationships.
- You communicate with excellence and compel audiences through writing and speaking.