Teen Challenge Southeast Region
Gateway Academy – Bonifay, FL
Job Duties, Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to work one-on-one regularly with students
• Assist students with any emotional struggles, especially in times of crisis.
• Follow our standards for documentation of all counseling sessions.
• Demonstrates a commitment to honesty, loyalty and excellence.
• Understands the importance of confidentiality.
• Ability to work well with students, parents and staff.
• Understanding of leadership and how to lead in a positive manner.
• Encourage, challenge students to redirect destructive behavior patterns into positive and productive goals.
• Work with leadership and staff in helping each student develop a strong Biblical foundation.
• Experience working with troubled persons who struggle with life-controlling issues and their families.
• Must understand the practical application of Biblical principles.
• Previous training and experience in Christian counseling.