Full-Time / Posted 4 weeks ago
ADULT & TEEN CHALLENGE
Program: Life Renewal (ALASKA)
Position: Clinical Supervisor – Exempt Employee
****$500 Sign on Bonus!****
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000 Depending on Experience
Vacation: Floating Holidays, Vacation Time, and Sick Time offered
The selection process shall consist of an oral interview weighed 50 percent and evaluation of educational, work related and training experience weighed 50 percent. This position is filled only in consultation with CEO or VP of Ministry Operations.
Position Description: Under general supervision of the Program Director and in a collaborative leadership role in the organization, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the overall effectiveness of the substance use disorder services at Life Renewal. This position requires a high degree of independent decision-making. Plans and oversees clinical program initiatives and in collaboration with the Program Director and regional executive leadership. Participates in program development and administration as part of ensuring the integrity and success of clinical programs and services. The Clinical Supervisor works closely with the Program Director to ensure that program development and administration of programs and services are meeting the needs of program participants. Leads and trains Clinical staff, clients and/or interns engaged in related therapeutic/client care activities, as appropriate, and ensures that staff and clients adhere to agency Policies and Procedures.
General Statement of Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for in planning, control, organization, purchasing, administration and supervision of the program component and staff personnel.
Position requires specific responsibility for:
- Overseeing individual, family and group therapy and psycho-social rehabilitation components of service delivery and the maintenance of ethical and exemplary therapy services and client relations.
- Maintaining weekly/monthly client lists and enter required data onto master client data base for use by Program Director.
- Coordinating Clinical Program activity within and in relation to overall programming for Life Renewal clients.
- Overseeing Quality Improvement activities including, preparation of required reports, collection of program service data, and audit preparation.
- Developing and implement Clinical Program policy as necessary.
- Coordinating needs of the Clinical Program with Life Renewal strategic planning and budgeting activities; participate in funding application activities as needed, and in preparation of budget for the Clinical Services program.
Supervision Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Program Director who determines goals, assigns work and reviews performance for overall effectiveness through reports, observation and conferences. Employee shall exercise a high degree of independent decision and judgment in relation to scope of duties and responsibilities.
Exercises full supervision of the program component and other designated areas of responsibility, including participation in the selection of new personnel, training, performance evaluation, responding to grievances and disciplinary problems, under direct supervision of the Program Director.
- Will carry a case load and facility groups and individual sessions.
- Coordinate employee and student orientation and training program for new employees working in the Clinical Program.
- Provide individual and group supervision on a weekly basis for Life Renewal staff therapists, case managers, interns and other relevant Clinical Program staff.
- Verify the accuracy of time records and expense requests for Clinical Program.
- Verify the accuracy of billable hours and work product in accordance with applicable State standards and funding requirements.
- Coordinate performance evaluations for Clinical Program staff.
- Identify staff training needs; assist with the development and coordination of training opportunities.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to assure clear definition of staff roles and responsibilities, lines of authority and equitable workloads which assure adequate treatment for the students.
- Ensure that licensing and continuing education per Life Renewal needs and professional standards are met for Clinical Program.
- Familiarity with Dept. of Behavioral Health, Joint Commission, and Medicaid regulations, ASAM dimensions/criteria, DSM-V, and 12-step recovery programs.
Examples of Principle Duties: (Examples do not cover all duties that will be performed).
- Conduct intakes and assessments, oversee treatment and service plan development and progress for each client, conduct trauma informed groups, and/or individual therapy, timely completion of discharge and clinical summaries.
- Inform Life Renewal clients of developments and trends in areas of mental health, substance abuse, and trauma treatment that may have a bearing on the programs, clients, staff, or community.
- Provides and/or arranges for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for clients in crisis condition.
- Provides support and consultation to crisis line employees; follows up to determine reliability of crisis response.
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of case files, referrals and other related documents for the treatment of clients ensuring compliance with agency requirements and meet or exceed state, federal or agency clinical standards.
- Prepares required documentation related to the client’s care.
- Works closely with Life Renewal administration on program development including strategic planning, policy development, grant writing, and administration.
- Participate in regular agency and departmental meetings and other relevant community and provider meetings.
- Develop and maintain inter-departmental relationships within the organization.
- Disclosure of student information and records to outside inquiries in conformance with Federal Law 42 CFR.
- Preparation and implementation of an Emergency Disaster plan for the facilities;
- Ensures that facility is safe and protected environment including developing and implementing appropriate procedures for handling day-to-day and crisis related situations.
- A thorough working knowledge of all program policies and procedures relative to assigned scope of duties and responsibilities included in the “Outpatient Policies and Procedures Manual”, “Crisis Manual” and the “Student Manual”.
- Manages clinical staff scheduling to ensure acceptable clinical staff coverage, appropriate clinical caseloads, and efficient personnel utilization
- Covers clinical caseloads during clinical staff vacations, illness, and off-site training
- Designs and conducts quarterly clinical staff in-service training’s
- Ensures staff meet agency productivity expectations.
- Role models effective problem solving, communication, and conflict resolution skills to all staff while promoting a positive work ethic within a team oriented environment
- Ability to promote and facilitate a team oriented work environment
- Will Supervises 1-2 counselors as we grow;
- Possess good standards of personal hygiene and a clean neat appearance including prescribed standards for hair and dress.
Recruiting Requirements – Life Renewal Clinical Supervisors must demonstrate competence in leadership, wellness, oversight and evaluation of services, staff development, service planning, case management and coordination, utilization of community resources, group, family and individual therapy or counseling, documentation and rationale for services to promote intended outcomes and implementation of all provider policies.
Experience and Training:
Life Renewal Clinical Supervisors must be certified as either
- Level II Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor; or
- Chemical Dependency Clinical Supervisor;
- And have a Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in the behavioral health field (social work, psychology, counseling)
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within 30 days, a valid driver`s license in State of domicile.
Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance – Blue Cross Blue Shield – excellent coverage!
- FSA & HSA plans available
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan – multiple options available, employer matched!
- Paid time off – both front loaded and accrued time!
- Employee Professional Development Assistance
- Sign On Bonus
- Life Insurance 100% Employer Paid