Certified Drug & Alcohol Counselor - CADC
Full-Time / Posted 2 weeks ago
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to apply.
Adult & Teen Challenge Pacific Northwest is a faith-based, non-profit ministry that combines evidence based treatment with discipleship and vocational training to achieve lasting recovery & life change. We operate in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. We endeavor to “put hope within reach of every addict!” Our combination of spiritual recovery through Christ combined with evidence-based treatment and backing our students with necessary tools and life skills to take their lives back into their own hands has created success rates previously unseen in the recovery world.
We are currently looking for a Certified Drug & Alcohol Counselor who feels called for our ministry to provide counseling services at our evidence-based treatment facility in Bend, Oregon!
About this Position:
We are seeking a counselor who is willing to provide addiction services, develop personalized service plans, and supporting a trauma-informed care environment, completely centered on our clients to assist them in achieving their individual goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Intakes & Assessments: determine treatment & detox needs, evaluation of substance use disorders, and evaluating placement within ASAM criteria.
– Treatment Plans & Case Management: collaborate with client to produce an individualized, strength-based plan while incorporating relevant treatment interventions. Coordinate care, transitional care, and skills training as it applies to the individual’s personalized plan and overall improvement of life within recovery.
– Individual & Group Sessions: Coordinate care for multiple clients in individual and group settings, providing trauma-informed services, and including family members as treatment partners. Apply evidence-based curriculum to group sessions – educational, skills, and relapse prevention.
– Documentation & Reporting: produce accurate, strength-based documentation which demonstrates clinical knowledge to elicit client engagement while using recovery-based language.
-Teamwork: establish relationships with inpatient center directors, staff members, client’s family, and community partners to support flexible, client-directed care.
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary is dependent upon your training and experience. In addition to your base pay, we offer many additional benefits including generous PTO packages (floating holidays, sick time, and vacation time totaling three and a half weeks per year, in addition to paid holidays). We offer Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon PPO, a 100% employer paid HRA account totaling $4,500, excellent dental, vision, and a 100% employer paid life insurance policy. We match retirement account contributions, and offer a wide array of additional voluntary plans.
Requirements for the position:
– CADC I certification (or above), in good standing (OAR 309-019-0125)
– Must have knowledge & ability to effectively apply: motivational interviewing, CBT, Trauma-informed care, and similar strategies for facilitating recovery & empowerment.
-Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate, understand mental status concepts, symptomology, treatment and service terminology. Communication is vital for performing work with clients, co-workers, community resources, supervisors – however, client-confidentiality must also be maintained.
-Able to implement skill development strategies, and coordinate the services and supports required for these strategies to be implemented. (Identify & provide resources)
-Able to use basic MS Office programs, Google Drive and G-mail, and navigate and maintain client records in an electronic medical records system.
– Must be reliable: consistent attendance, punctuality, and able to self-manage workload.
We understand that many addiction counselors are in recovery themselves, and we are a second-chance employer – however, we do ask that applicants have at least two years of recovery, per OAR 309-032-1520, and are not currently on supervised parole or probation.
Related keywords: counselor, social worker, mental health
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,600.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Safety & Health is our priority – all students are thoroughly quarantined and tested before permitted to enter our program, and we are taking extra precautions with increased sanitization, social distancing, mask wearing, and frequent hand washing.