Billing Specialist (Behavioral Health)
Full-Time / Posted 3 weeks ago
Please send applications through: https://www.indeed.com/job/billing-specialist-b1a7ae078ce2aeff or send Resume & Cover Letter to Tara Thatcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Position: Billing Specialist – Needs experience with Washington Medicaid Billing and Commercial Insurance Billing
Salary Range: $17-22/hour, depending on experience
Vacation: 3 weeks paid time off annually to start.
Adult & Teen Challenge Pacific Northwest is a faith-based ministry that provides long term residential care for people with substance abuse issues across Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. In addition to our inpatient facilities, we are expanding our outpatient treatment services, which we call our Life Renewal program. We are currently operating our Life Renewal program in Oregon and Alaska, and are in the process of expanding in Washington and need someone who has knowledge and experience with Washington Billing.
General Statement of Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide the oversight and maintenance of licensed treatment programming in accordance with State Laws, Life Renewal Policies, and the ministry goals of Adult & Teen Challenge Pacific Northwest. In addition to billing, will perform some light accounting duties in association with the administrative finance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Managing billing for our outpatient counseling services
· Check and verify Medicaid or other insurance eligibility requirements for clients
· Work with insurance companies to obtain payments and authorization for outpatient services
· Assist counselors with electronic billing submissions and health record system
· Other light accounting duties as assigned by the lead accountant (no experience necessary, training will be required)
Recruiting Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Knowledge and implications of HIPAA, 42 CFR and Federal and State Confidentiality Regulations
· Must be free of chemical use problems for at least the two years immediately preceding hire.
· Documented one-year work experience in direct service billing and coding
· Considerable ability to work harmoniously with and to supervise the work of program coordinators, clerical and support workers, student interns and volunteers; ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form; emotional maturity, professional objectivity and the ability to act in a Christian manner; and, the ability to carry out recommendations and directives of the director of our outpatient program.
Experience and Training:
1. Certification in Health Information Technology is preferred.
2. 1 year+ work experience in behavioral health coding and billing preferred.
3. Experience with Washington’s Medicaid billing and private insurer’s billing for the State of Washington in particular.
4. Any combination of education or experience to successfully perform the job responsibilities.