The primary responsibility of the Admissions Coordinator is to facilitate the screening of
potential students and admit new students into the Adult & Teen Challenge of Texas (ATCOT)
● S/he shall be a person of spiritual maturity, amiable to the Assemblies of God doctrine,
and in full agreement with the ATCOT mission statement.
● S/he shall have a current understanding and working knowledge of addictive problems
and their deleterious effects. He/she shall have knowledge of the various treatment
approaches and the reality that the only permanent cure is in Jesus Christ. He/she shall
be empathetic to those with life controlling problems.
● Complete the Effective Biblical Counseling course or an equivalent course.
● Knowledge and understanding of potential students pre-admission and admission
● Knowledge of sociological and physiological aspects connected with Admissions and the
Teen Challenge process.
● Knowledge and understanding of the judicial system.
● Ideally credentialed as a minister or pursuing credentials in the AG or doctrinally similar
● Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
● Complete the P.S.N.C. certification course.
He/She will primarily serve as a minister to students in the ATCOT program.
His/her responsibilities include but not be limited to:
● Conduct Bible studies.
● Lead prayer.
● Disciple students.
● Conduct evangelistic outreach.
● Engage in religious instruction.
● Answer or return all incoming admissions calls, administer phone interviews, receive
pre-entry medical results, review applications for admission, and physical admission of
students onto the local campus he/she is located at, including search of student’s
belongings and confiscation of non-allowable items.
● Provide crisis counseling over the phone and make referrals as needed.
● Correspond with drug courts, prison wardens, prisoners and others interested in Teen
Challenge, while completing preliminary screening for those desiring entrance into the
● Refer individuals to the website at www.tctexas.org or send an information packet.
● Interview potential students and set entry location and date. ●Facilitate the induction process.
● Assist Campus Director in other duties as assigned.