Administrative Assistant to Advancement
Full-Time / Posted 1 week ago
ATC JOB DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant to Advancement
Cultural Fit, Objectives, Roles & Responsibilities
Reports directly to the Development Officer
ATC is a Christ-centered, non-profit ministry focused on substance abuse treatment and recovery. Our vision is freeing all people from life-controlling issues through the power of Jesus Christ. This position requires someone who is a born-again, Spirit-led believer and agrees to the Christian doctrines found on the ATC website. This role also requires the individual to live/work in and through these core values:
- We treat people like Jesus did, with eyes of grace while speaking the truth.
- Everything between the long-distance vision to the day-to-day tasks, our ministry is worth our very best effort.
- The men, women, and teens in our care are treasured by our Savior, and we are honored to serve them.
- We live to become more like Jesus and invite as many people to come with us.
Energetic, positive thinker who is humble, hungry, and smart. Humility in always serving others and making the engagement experience powerful, whether it’s a customer, a donor or fellow team member. Hungry to perform with excellence while striving in continuous learning. The ability to be socially and relationally smart in interacting and engaging others on behalf of the ministry, understanding every team member represents ATC.
Execute the mission of Adult & Teen Challenge (ATC) in support of the vision and goals of the Board of Directors and the CEO. Work closely with ATC Affiliates to communicate the ministry vision, values, and strategy of ATC. Cultivate a healthy culture in the field. Keep the Teen Challenge DNA and spiritual focus alive while also attentively supporting the implementation of ATC’s seven strategic initiatives:
- Leadership development
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Advancement Team to provide assistance to donors and provide support to advance the mission of ATC.
- Promptly answering all calls in a courteous, caring, and professional manner and making follow-up donor calls as needed. Identifying donor needs and responding to donor requests and concerns.
- Preparing and ensuring the accuracy of special letters, honor/memory letters, and other standard letters. Ensuring proper coding of donor interaction within the donor database. Distributing donor documentation to appropriate departments.
- Responding to website feedback by doing research and writing replies to donors, conducting initial processing of matching gifts, resolving credit card issues, and special projects.
- Manage the utilization of Virtuous. Inputting all donor information. Handling daily donor calls and receipting of donations.
- Cultivating and expanding the Recurring Gift program
- Management of Strategic Partners, ensuring payment and materials are received
- Assisting Advancement Department with projects
- Management of CARS donation Program. Receipting, entering, and sending thank you’ s to all Car donors.
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with appropriate notice.
- BA in Business, communications, Public Relations, or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of fund development/non-profit preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You have a deep compassion and call to action for the vulnerable population in substance abuse and want to see transformation take place, one life at a time, through the power of Jesus Christ.
- You dream of transforming growing organizations into wildly successful ones, good ones into great ones, and you know how to actualize your aspirations.
- You are an enthusiastic leader capable of matrix collaboration to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley. You know how to make timely, effective and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
- You actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus especially on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits. You communicate with excellence and compel audiences through writing and speaking.